Greenville and Spartanburg Indoor Air quality
Startling Statistics about Indoor Air Quality:
- The EPA– states that the levels of hazardous pollutants in indoor air have been found to be up to 60 times greater than outdoor air.
- The EPA– states that indoor air is one of the top five environmental health risks of our time.
- American College of Allergist & Asthma– states that 40% – 50% of all illnesses are caused by polluted indoor air.
The indoor air specialists at AirTek have the expertise to diagnose and correct any situation that could be contaminating your indoor air. We offer other top-quality products and services that ensure your indoor air is as safe and clean as it can possibly be, including: ventilators, humidifiers and dehumidifiers, air purifiers, media filters, HEPA systems, ultraviolet lights. AirTek Services can help on improvement of your home indoor air quality. Call AirTek Services today.
What Is an Air Scrubber?
The Air Scrubber Plus® was originally developed in cooperation with NASA to create a safe atmosphere for astronauts living on the International Space Station. This advanced technology is now available to protect your family from dust, odors, bacteria, viruses, pet dander, and more.
The Air Scrubber Plus® attaches easily to your heating and cooling system, where its effects can reach your entire home. The device combines light waves and unique catalytic processes to keep the air and all the surfaces in your home clean. Here’s how it works:
- ActivePure Technology: Air scrubbers include a broad spectrum UV light source, which reacts with oxygen and hydrogen molecules in the air to produce enviro-scrubbing superoxide ions. These reduce particulate matter in the air and kill harmful contaminants on the surfaces in your home.
- Ozone: At high levels, ozone can be dangerous, but air scrubbers produce concentrations well under 0.01 parts per million (the EPA limit is 0.07 ppm). At this level, ozone has a disinfecting quality. The HVAC industry has taken advantage of this for years to destroy fungi, mildew, and mold spores, as well as eliminate smoke and other odors.
- Ionization: Air scrubbers produce negatively and positively charged ions, which distribute throughout your home when the furnace or air conditioner runs. These ions cling to dust and other airborne particles, weighing them down so they fall out of the air. A quick sweep, vacuum, or wipe of the counter, and these particles are gone for good.
Could You Benefit from an Air Scrubber?
Take this quality of life questionnaire to determine if you could benefit from installing an air scrubber:
- Does anyone in your family have severe allergies?
- Do cooking odors, pet odors, or musty smells linger in your home?
- Does your home have excessive dust, pet dander, or pollen?
- Would it be detrimental if anyone in your family got sick?
- Are you interested in reducing the number of harmful germs on your kitchen counters, tabletops, doorknobs, and other surfaces?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, an air scrubber could be a great option for improving your quality of life.
How the Air Scrubber Plus® Protects Your Home & Family
Here are the benefits you can expect when you install an air scrubber:
- Reduced surface contaminants: The enviro-scrubbing oxygen and hydrogen ions produced by an air scrubber destroy up to 99% of all surface contaminants, including E-coli, MRSA, strep, black mold, anthrax, and more.
- Cleaner air: After running for just two hours, an air scrubber removes approximately 90% of airborne contaminants, including dust, mold spores, pollen, and more. If you have indoor allergies that make it difficult to sleep at night, you’ll love the ability to breathe easier with the Air Scrubber Plus®.
- Banished odors: The unique photocatalytic functionality of an air scrubber allows it to remove pet odors, cigarette smoke, burned food smells, paint fumes, and musty odors from your home, leaving a clean scent behind.